So I have been hording all of my kiddos clothing and toys since they were born and it was finally time to clean house! As you may know, I'm from Milford and garage sales are pretty darn popular there. Our family would have one every year or every other year. We'd make around $300 and that was good. This past summer I started digging in and sorting through their things that had been tossed in crawl spaces and under the basement stairs (without my little helpers assisting thanks to getaways with both of the grandparents).
In reading blogs about successful garage sales, organization was the key. A HUGE thank you to my mom and my mother-in-law who helped with sorting through clothing and helping with the display!
The majority of our sale was kids clothing and toys with a few other household items. We had a girl and boy section and I hung nicer items/coats on the ladder apparatus that John whipped up.
We had a fun and exhausting weekend with the sale. We had amazing traffic on Friday and a little less on Saturday. Fortunately we had a lot of help from our family - Both sets of parents, Rebecca, Kim, our neighbor Mickie and a surprise visit from Aunt Anna.
The kiddos had a lemonade stand!
And after all sales were wrapped up, a trip to Once Upon a Child - the grand total was a little over $5,000!!! Phew!
No comments:
Post a Comment