Grandma Weatherwax took the girls to the circus for the first time this past weekend. Mrs. Prettyman, a neighbor, and her granddaughter, Corina joined them as well. Kate's favorite part was seeing the elephants with the necklaces and Emma enjoyed watching the tightrope acts. Of course the snackage and light up toys completed the day! Kate was so excited she even slept through the first act! Thanks Grandma for a fun day!
Wednesday, May 16, 2012
Motherhood - The Greatest Show on Earth
Mother's Day is a great day to recognize all of the wonderful women who impact my life as a mother. My children Emma, Kate, and Sage have taught me a lot about life, patience, respect, tenderness, and affection. Most of all, they have taught me about what's important in life. Yes, of course there are those moments or days where things don't always go as planned, but it only takes one sweet "thank you Mama" or "I love you Mama" to move on from those challenging moments. I have to thank my Moms (and Dads), Grandmas, sisters, friends and family for always supporting me in trying to be the best in all of my endeavors. Some of my simple pleasures as a Mom: Emma dressing herself in the morning and coming to surprise me. Kate going to bed in a timely fashion without the hour long procrastination (potty, thirsty, lay out my outfit, hungry...oh, she is so very bright). Sage - thank you for being just like your Daddy and rolling with the punches. Mom W having the kids over so I can go grocery shopping all by myself, and to Mom Z for letting me sleep in and for bringing play-doh in your activity bag (my kids are deprived as I am a play-doh hater!). And to John, the best husband a woman could ever ask for! The kids worked hard on their Mother's Day gifts at school so I thought I'd share!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment