What a great week we have had! We even had to celebrate with a "Happy 1 week old" cake at Grandma and Grandpa Weatherwax's house. I'm still amazed that he is here with us. He is a sweet little boy. We headed to see Dr. Buendia on Monday for a 5 day check up. His weight at birth 6lbs8oz, and his discharge weight was 6lbs4oz. At the doctor we were 6lbs5oz which was good. I think that Emma has a doll that weighs more than he does. He had minimal jaundice and his "boy operation" is healing nicely! He has been nursing well. We are still transitioning from changing girl diapers to boy diapers - quite an adjustment when you have to be "on guard" at all times.
He likes to sleep all day and party all night! I have been blessed with 3 children who have their days/nights mixed up. The great thing about being a 3 time mom is that I know that everything is a phase, and it WILL get better, it will just take some time. Luckily, I have a great mother and mother in law who have helped take care of my girls in the am, so that when I don't go to bed until 4am, they are there to get up with Kate at 6am.
No comments:
Post a Comment